Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, March 19, 2018

Plant Based Planning

I wish my life was this organized! Did some food prep today (had the day off!) to ensure a successful plant based week. Black beans in the pressure cooker, brown rice in the rice cooker … they really cooked themselves. A pot of Italian vegetable soup and some steamed broccoli was a quick fix on the stove top. The hummus and tzatziki went super fast in the Vitamix. Roasted some bell peppers and baked zuchinni muffins in the oven. Cleaned, cut, diced and sliced a myriad of veggies and made a couple new recipes: Forks over Knives spinach artichoke dip and Vegan Gyros from Brand New Vegan. Not seen here are also some steamed whole red potatoes that are in my crisper drawer. I always keep some on hand for quick air fried potato wedges. Washing and cutting vegetables probably took the most time. Nope. Scratch that … clean up took the most time! But I am set for a successful few days.

So breakfasts this week will pretty much be my grab and go single serve oatmeal along with some type of grab and go fruit. During the week I usually eat breakfast at the office, at my desk.  Snacks will probably be zucchini muffins and raw veggies with a dip ... either tzatziki, hummus or the spinach artichoke. Or my newest, favorite snack airfried broccoli with a peanut dipping sauce.  For lunches and/or dinners I see many possibilities ... pizza, cheesy broccoli pasta casserole, burrito bowls, another gyro (have leftovers) or wrap, broccoli cheese potato, potato hash with roasted onions and peppers, maybe a pasta salad, soup and salad. I even have an idea for dessert involving zuchinni muffins and pineapple

No comments:

Post a Comment