Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, March 9, 2018

A Peek In My Fridge


This is what my refrigerator looks like this week … well … at least the top couple shelves that are entirely mine. The rest I share with a husband, two dogs and five cats who do not eat whole food plant based. I try to prep food on the weekend to cut down on cooking time during the week. I love to cook, but sometimes don’t have the time on a weeknight so having some items ready to go really helps.

Usually I will have a row of single serve soup, but didn’t get around to making a pot this week. I did make a chickpea, spinach curry that you see on the far right (single serve entrees). Next to that is a row of beans, portioned in 1 cup mason jars and the rest is labeled as well. This week it’s mayacoba beans. Some weeks it’s black beans, or pinto beans. Tzatziki (left) has been my go to dip this past week or so. This is probably my third batch in the last 10 days. I sometimes switch out the dip for spinach dip or hummus.  

The kale and apple salad is also my third batch in the same amount of time. When I find something I like, I tend to repeat. I don’t need a lot of variety during the week. What you see here is usually what I have, with the addition of a soup … usually a creamy cauliflower or minestrone. Something heavy on the veggies. I’ve been doing salads more this week than soup. The amazing cauliflower taco meat is something I do, maybe every other week. When I make it I usually make a double batch and keep some in the freezer. Even though it’s called taco meat, it has many more uses. The muffins (bananna and oat) are a staple for breakfasts and snacks. Not pictured, on a lower shelf,  are a couple recent favorites that I’ve made twice in the past week or so, an amazing all purpose vegan cheese sauce and chia seed strawberry jam. The cheese sauce goes great on pasta, potatoes, toast, nachos, taco salad … and more!  I've tried to include all recipe links above. 

So … with these items on hand I’ve been able to put together some fast meals and snacks this week …
Taco salad.

Steamed red potato, broccoli and asparagus with cheesy sauce.
Cheese toast

Spinach, chickpea curry over brown rice.

Kale apple salad with soup.

Green smoothie and PBJ

Tzatziki with lavash crackers.

Wrap with salad greens, tofu bacon and avocado.

Spinach chickpea curry over quinoa with kale apple salad.

Nachos

Burrito bowl.
What's in your fridge?!


7 comments:

  1. Is that home-made cheese sauce? It looks like a jarred one that I just bought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Excellent setup. Now, I realize the importance of prepping. Are you prepping on both Sat & Sun for the week ahead? I didn't see the recipe links.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my display the link show in red type. Not sure if it would be the same on yours. I mostly prep on Sunday afternoons. That works best for my schedule.

      Delete
  3. You have done an AMAZING job in your refrigerator.

    ReplyDelete