Translate

Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2018

Eating My Feelings


I think it’s time to whip up a batch of soft, creamy, garlicy smashed potatoes. With a side of corn … pure, plant based comfort food. I’ve been doing some emotional eating the past couple days. And I’d rather do the smashed potato route than continue to reach for the nuts and dried fruit (and, if I’m totally honest, vegan dark chocolate chips) that I’ve been indulging in. And yet … should I really be reaching for food if it’s comfort I am seeking? That’s my old way of dealing with things … something I still, and may always, struggle with. It’s just easier to shove something in my mouth than deal with the actual situation. That would take evaluation and introspection and dealing with feelings. Things could get messy. Smashed potatoes, on the other hand, are so much easier and way less messy … right?!
So here's my garlic smashes potatoes. I was out of corn, so a side of
green beans with air fried tofu and toasted slivered almonds filled in nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment