Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 9, 2017

Food For Thought

Changing to a whole food, plant based diet may, at first glance, seem like it's all about the food. Hmmm ... that phrase makes me want to start singing that Meghan Trainor song. I hear the music now ...

"Because it's all about the food, 'bout the food, it's plant based.
It's all about the food, 'bout the food, it's plant based.
It's all about the food, 'bout the food, it's plant based.
It's all about the food, 'bout the food ..."

Sorry ... my brain just does that sometimes. Anyway ... for me, it has never been, and probably will never be, just about the food. Some years ago I realized that this was a spiritual battle for me as well as a physical battle. I'd like to say that at that moment of revelation (conviction) I was able to turn things around by dealing with it as such ... but, obviously not.

So what's different now? I'm not exactly sure except that this time I have realized that I am powerless to make any changes on my own. I've tried it on my own too many times and it just doesn't work ... Willpower didn't work. Everything in moderation didn't work. Countless fad (and unhealthy) diets didn't work. Counting calories/carbs/points, etc. didn't work.

But that was then and this is now.  And this is DAY ONE of the rest of my life ... DAY ONE of the best of my life (Yes ... another song reference). And today I'm calling on God's Holy Spirit, trusting in Him to do the work in me that He desires ... to bring my eating, drinking, exercising habits (or lack thereof) in line with His will for me ... to be Lord over every single part of my life and finish the good work that He started.

It may be that I continue to lose weight, it may be (hopefully/prayerfully) that my health will continue to improve. It may be that ... well ... I actually can't think of a third point, but whatever it may be, I know that I'm done trying to work it on my own. I am relying on His power. Holy Spirit you are welcome here ... Hmmm...  now that makes me want to start singing another song ...

"Holy Spirit you are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory God is what my heart longs for
To be overcome by your presence, Lord."

Yeah ... that's my food today.

No comments:

Post a Comment