Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Caveat Emptor

You would think a doctor, a trained medical professional, would not prescribe to a diabetic a medication that raises blood sugar, would you not?! Am I crazy in thinking this is absolutely ludicrous?! But that's exactly what happened to me a couple weeks back. I didn't realize it, however, until many days later when I discovered my fasting glucose was skyrocketing again. Not due to the whole, plant based foods I have been ingesting. Oh no, this way of eating has already proved itself by lowering my fasting glucose over 100 points within a few days of beginning. The elevation, I discovered, was most likely due to a new anti-inflammatory medication that I had begun taking following my last doctor's appointment. A supposedly better (so my doctor said) pill that I put into my body without educating myself to the possible side effects ... that because I was in so much pain I was pretty much willing to take anything.

After (finally) researching it the morning I discovered the change in my levels, I found that Meloxicam does have the possible side effects of elevating blood glucose levels as well as blood pressure. This, friends, is exactly why you need to take your healthcare into your own hands! Most doctors are not into curing diseases, but simply managing symptoms. And, it's not necessarily their fault. A lot of them have not been taught about the benefits of a plant based diet in curing disease. A lot of them, in fact, have been misled by the pharmaceutical companies that make big bucks off the peddling of their merchandise ... at the expense of us,  the consumer.  "Caveat emptor" let the buyer beware! Yes, in the business of our healthcare, we are definitely consumers. Educate yourself, take control, be blessed!

Dr. John McDougall is a pioneer in the whole food plant based way of curing disease. Visiting his web site is a great way to start educating yourself for better health.

1 comment:

  1. May I simply just say what a relief to discover an individual who actually understands what they are
    talking about on the internet. You actually know how to
    bring an issue to light and make it important. More and more people have to
    check this out and understand this side of your story.
    It's surprising you're not more popular given that
    you most certainly have the gift.

    ReplyDelete