Translate

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 22, 2020

Surviving Pizza Night -- Part 2

 

So here’s the outcome of pizza night. After spending a little time prepping other ingredients … the Italian veggie mélange, the tofu ricotta, and the no oil marinara, I ended up using, of all things, bread for my pizza crust. Why not? I’ve used pita bread and flat bread ... granted, by using a loaf of Ezekiel’s Food for Life Sesame Bread, this could, potentially, be considered pizza toast. But call it what you will, it was what I had to work with and it worked out wonderfully well ... little single size serving pizzas that satisfied, with all the flavor you want and no compromise to my health. Maybe I will call it pizza toast ... then I can have it again for breakfast!

So I ended up toasting the bread first thinking that would help keep it from getting soggy from the sauce and toppings. Then I layered it with marinara, veggies and ended with the tofu ricotta on top. I preheated the oven to 400 degrees and baked them for about 7 minutes. When the tofu ricotta started browning, I decided it was done. 

Building my pizzas
I should mention that I was concerned about possible sticking on the baking sheet, so I sprinkled about a tablespoon of corn meal over the sheet before laying the toasted bread down on it. Worked like a charm, and I think it helped the bread to not get soggy as well. 

So, all around, this was a success, if a little out of the norm, crust-wise. While my husband was chowing down on his "It's not delivery ..." pizza, this was all I needed to satisfy me. And yes, I ate all four of them ... with a side salad! I love eating plant based!
Fresh out of the oven







No comments:

Post a Comment