Translate

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Keeping Up With The Condiments


Sometimes, when I think I am craving something, I've discovered it's not really the item I am wanting, but the taste of the condiments. For example, let's say I think I'm craving a hot dog ... is it really the yucky, disgusting, cruelty conceived, animal innards throw-aways all ground up with fat and spices that I desire?! OMGoodness ... no! It's the taste of the mustard and relish and onion and ketchup on top of a smoky tasting long cylindrical item, all nestled in a bun. I can accomplish this with a carrot dog. Here's my favorite carrot dog recipe. 

Now I know the ketchup comment may cause some controversy. Do you use ketchup on a hot dog? Or just mustard? To each his own, but I like both. I have been trying to go totally sugar and salt free, but ketchup has been one of my last hold outs ... along with salsa. But today, I am glad to say, I have finally come up with a no salt added, no processed sugar, ketchup. It does contain date sugar, but that's just dried, ground up dates. I still consider that a whole food. If I wasn't out of fresh dates, I would have used as couple of those instead. If you're wanting a healthy salt and sugar free ketchup, click here to give this recipe a go and let me know what you think.

Health and Blessings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment