Translate

Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2018

Girl Gone Wild


I was always a good kid when it came to fruits and vegetables. I have always enjoyed and eaten fruits and vegetables, in, what I believe to be, a good variety. However, that being said, never, ever, would I have considered eating fruit WITH vegetables (or vice versa) together in the same recipe. Not even touching on the same plate. No, no, no. Carrot and raisin salad? … uh uh. Waldorf salad? … no thank you. Spinach salad with strawberries? … oh heck no!

But look at me now. I have arrived. I feel like an adult … like I have finally graduated to the big people's table. I love gazing on the beauty that is my lunch today. A scrumptious, scintillating,  and yes, I think, sophisticated salad of baby spinach, baby kale and baby chard with roasted golden beets and zucchini, air fried breast of tofu, vegan feta* and RASPBERRIES!!! All dressed to perfection with a balsamic vinaigrette.** 

This isn't my first venture into the world of fruit and veggie salads. I have been enjoying them for a few weeks now. Ever since dipping my toes in the water with a kale and apple salad. And now … I’ve dived in head first and don't want to come up for air. I feel kinda like a girl gone wild … wild on plants that is.



* I didn't link to the recipe I used for the vegan feta, because, honestly, it was just OK. It was not one I would repeat, and therefore I can't recommend it. I will be searching for another recipe, however, and will let you know when I find a good one.  

**To the balsamic vinaigrette recipe I added a little agave to sweeten and some xanthan gum to thicken it. I have subsequently used this also on my kale and apple salad, instead of the lemon vinaigrette, and it rocks that as well!.

1 comment:

  1. You rock with your healthy eating and yummy recipes! Thanks for sharing.������������

    ReplyDelete